Careers at Supermill
Business Unit Controller/Accounting Manager
The Business Unit Controller/Accounting Manager position functions as a business partner with the President and other business managers to effectively manage and control the business in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will be responsible for general accounting, job-cost accounting, billing & receivables, payables & disbursements, fixed-asset accounting, financial reporting, key-metrics reporting, financial analysis, annual budgeting, and human resources support. This position will also be a leader within the organization for developing knowledge, application, training, and creation of efficiencies through optimal use of the company’s computer system(s).
The BU Controller will be accountable for the following core responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic brainstorming and implementation of strategic plans with other senior management members.
- Facilitate monthly financial closing process, including accurate and timely GAAP-based financial statements, key-metric reporting, and financial analyses.
- Support financial consolidation reporting efforts of the parent company.
- Ensure general ledger accounts are accurately stated, reconciled, and classified.
- Champion accurate product job-costing in systems and effective analysis of job-costs and related product margins.
- Ensure an effective system of internal controls is maintained to protect company assets.
- Support annual audit process and quarterly reviews as applicable.
- Support annual and quarterly budgeting / forecasting processes.
- Support Compliance and Cybersecurity requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by BU President or parent company finance team.
REQUIREMENTS / COMPETENCIES:
- 4-year degree (BA equivalent) in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Accounting Manager or Controller within a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to “telescope”, i.e. deal with both broad and detailed issues, with strong time-management and organizational skills that support multi-tasking.
- Must be a builder / change-management-focused, and a self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to communicate across a wide spectrum of the organization.
- Very strong MSOffice fluency, particularly in Excel.
- Ability to travel as needed if/when required.
- Prior experience in a job-cost environment within a manufacturing setting.
- Exposure / expertise in implementation and maintenance of automated systems for financial reporting and manufacturing accounting (ERP).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with job-cost accounting in an ERP system is a major plus.
- Experience in a locally-managed organization with corporate-parent reporting requirements.
For more information call us at (860) 828-9703